Welcome to the Polytechnic West Course Catalogue!
to register your interest.
D0892 CONTRIBUTE TO OHS ISSUE RESOLUTION (BSBOHS305B)
WA Unit Number
Contribute to OHS issue resolution
National Unit Number
About this Unit
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to contribute to the resolution of occupational health and safety (OHS) issues in the workplace. It includes determining relevant legislation and contributing to any actions to ensure compliance with OHS legislation, codes and standards. No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of endorsement.
This unit has no pre-requisites
Elements Of Competency/Learning Outcomes
BSBOHS305B/01 - Prepare for resolution about OHS issues
1. Apply knowledge of relevant OHS laws and workplace policies and procedures to the OHS resolution process in the workplace
2. Identify, clarify and record OHS issues prior to commencement of issue resolution meetings
3. Undertake preparations to plan how OHS issues will be resolved
4. Identify and remove any obstacles that prevent OHS issue discussion in the workplace
BSBOHS305B/02 - Contribute to the resolution of OHS issues
1. Provide support and advice to employees about issue resolution tools, techniques and strategies that can be used to resolve OHS issues
2. Participate in the issue resolution process
3. Provide support and advice where appropriate to resolve any conflict or disagreement arising from the issue resolution process according to workplace procedures
4. Contact external bodies to initiate OHS dispute resolution processes where appropriate
BSBOHS305B/03 - Effectively communicate outcomes of OHS issue resolution process
1. Research the communication needs of stakeholders
2. Communicate issue resolution findings to stakeholders through a variety of formal and informal methods
3. Establish and maintain records of OHS issue resolution actions and outcomes