Welcome to the Polytechnic West Course Catalogue!
to register your interest.
D0894 PARTICIPATE IN OHS INVESTIGATIONS (BSBOHS307B)
WA Unit Number
Participate in OHS investigations
National Unit Number
About this Unit
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to participate in occupational health and safety (OHS) investigations. It includes determining relevant legislation and contributing to any actions to ensure compliance with OHS legislation, codes and standards. No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of endorsement.
This unit has no pre-requisites
Elements Of Competency/Learning Outcomes
BSBOHS307B/01 - Contribute to OHS data collection relevant to an investigation
1. Obtain information from those involved using appropriate data collection techniques regarding actions and events leading up to, occurring during or after an incident
2. Identify and access sources of additional information related to an incident
3. Engage advice from external sources if required
4. Accompany investigators and provide relevant information during investigations
5. Attend meetings about OHS investigations
6. Observe investigative testing and provide copies of the results to relevant others
BSBOHS307B/02 - Participate in workplace investigations
1. Use appropriate techniques when participating in workplace investigations
2. Review reports on safety incidents, injuries and illnesses
3. Contact responsible persons and relevant authorities when required
4. Communicate recommendations arising from investigations to relevant others